Image Map

Friday, March 22, 2013

All My Single Ladies

**Disclaimer**  This post is not prompted by any of my friends' situation, simply by the article I read.

I have a lot of single friends that I LOVE going out with.  And I give them a lot of credit, because I would suck at being single.  I am impatient, not very trusting, and not as outgoing as I may seem.  The thought of going on a date with someone I just met terrifies me.  So props, ladies, for meeting men, going on dates, and being single!

I mean that.  And I know you may think being single sucks and all you want is to be in a relationship.  Relationships are great, but please make it the right one :)

I found this article entitled 10 Types of Men Who Won't Marry You.  I think it's sort of silly, but it's a decent read.  I think a lot of people my age are really feeling the pressure to be married.  You can read about my thoughts on that HERE.  Truth is, it is completely normal to get married and have kids in your thirties.  Not to mention healthier and probably more mentally sound.  There is no rush!  

So don't settle for a guy that won't work forever.  Seriously.

Here are my thoughts on my "favorites" from the list in the article.

Mr. "I Am Not Ready For A Serious Relationship Right Now"  Ladies, seriously!  GIVE UP on this one.  Please don't waste your time trying to swoon someone who just likes having a pretty lady (you) by his side.  Why would you even try to be in a relationship with someone who outright says that's not what they want?!   And don't fool yourself thinking that you like the casual thing.  No one likes the casual thing.  

Mr. "Still Hung Up On His Ex"  Hello, rebound!  Why would you want to be compared to someone else?  Find someone who will find you unique, special, and desirable.  Straight from the article: "He is not over her and until he is over her, he is not marrying you."  Duh! 


Mr. "50-Something And Never Been Married"  I have NOTHING wrong with people dating older men.  But at some point, there's a reason for it.  Tread carefully and don't be sucked in by the success and money that may come with and older, more established man.  


Mr. "All About Me"  The main thing that comes to mind with this guy is I-work-out-all-the-time, I-am-so-hott, You're-So-Lucky-To-Be-With-Me.  GAG. ME.  Maybe I'm lucky to have a guy that will do anything for me, but seriously.  Your guy should care more about you than he does himself (in certain ways, don't think I'm psychotic).  You should be his prize.  



Find a guy who loves you, right now, unconditionally, and forever.  Anything less is a waste of your time!  You've got better things to do with your time, girlfriend!

No comments:

Post a Comment