Image Map

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Easy Iced Coffee at Home!

I absolutely love iced coffee.  I love iced lattes.  I occasionally will even spring for a mocha of some sort.  But I'm getting really sick of not even being able to taste the COFFEE in my drinks.  Even if they're skinny, I still always finish annoyed with not feeling like I got my coffee fix.

Seeing as it has been 90+ to 100+ over the last several weeks, I finally dove in to making my own iced coffees at home.  It is super easy and delicious!

Here is the quickie recipe I've been using lately...

  1. Brew Coffee, Add:
  2. Almond Milk (1 Tbsp)
  3. MCT Oil (1 tsp)
  4. Tastefully Simple Caramel Creme Latte Mix (1 Tbsp)
  5. Ice
  6. Blend/Shake
  7. ENJOY!
This is the recipe I've used the last few times.  The amounts I estimated for you.  Truthfully, I just splash things in there :)  You could VERY easily substitute things in and out.  I used the Caramel Creme Mix because it was in the pantry and I needed to use it up.  

FYI - I used our single cup blender, which is powerful, convenient and easy to clean.  Hypothetically, you could use a blender bottle to shake this up as well.  

Suggestions to spruce up/mix up your coffee:
  • Cinnamon
  • Coconut Milk
  • Grass Fed Butter
  • Agave
  • Creamer
  • Sugar
  • Cacao
  • Vanilla
This is a super simple recipe I modify each time depending on what I'm feeling.  It is quick, simple, and tastes great!  You could save a ton of money at your local establishment and whip up one of these a few mornings a week.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment