Image Map

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Coffee Concentrate - Amazing New Discovery!

Yesterday, I had to stop at the grocery store on the way home.  Little Lola was all out of vegetables!


Of course, I strayed from my list a little bit and picked up a few extra things.  I did pretty dang good, though. 

My two brag-worthy finds?

A six-pack a Klondike Bars (Reese's) for about 13 CENTS.  I believe they were $1.63 and had a $1.50 coupon right on the door for me to use.  SCORE!  Dang end-cap bargains.  I don't know that I've ever had a Klondike Bar...but when Mike asked what I got him, I said "What Would You Dooooo?"  And he goes, "You got me a Kit-Kat Bar?" 

Nope.  Try again. 

Now...on to the reason you're here.  COFFEE!! 

Whenever I open one of the small refrigerators at work, the bottom shelf is taken up by a 33 ounce bottle of this:

I got to try some of it at an ice cream social a few months ago.  It was the mocha flavor poured over dairy-free ice cream made with coconut milk - NadaMoo, if you're interested.  The coffee was good, but was combined and melted with the ice cream, so we didn't get the full effect. 

Yesterday, there was a small end-cap cooler filled with smaller versions of the above concentrate.  There were also ready-to-drink glass bottles as well (similar looking to those Starbucks drinks in glass bottles). 
After reading the concentrate labels, I discovered I could get 4 servings of DELICIOUS coffee for less than six bucks with the concentrate.  And all I had to do?  ADD WATER. 

Are you kidding me?  How is this not a phenomenon?!  I just taught you how I was making my own iced coffee at home.  Now as of yesterday, I've stepped in to a whole new realm. 

This morning I put together the most delicious coffee ever in about one minute just before stepping out the door. 

In your to-go mug add:
  • Ice
  • 1/2 Cup Concentrate (I purchased the Vanilla)
  • 1/2 Cup Water
  • Splash of creamer/milk (SPLASH ONLY!  This coffee is delectable on its own, but Mike's sis left some creamer at our house, so I suppose I'll attempt to use it up) 
  • Shake
  • ENJOY!
You can also drink this hot, but as mentioned in my last post, I'm digging iced coffee right now.  THIS COFFEE IS DELICIOUS.  It tastes ridiculously fresh.  The hint of vanilla in my mug is so light and refreshing.

This is a local company started by two neighbors in 2010.  I can certainly attest to the fact that they have done it right and done it well!! 

From their website: "We custom roast every ounce of Chameleon Cold-Brew for more than 16 hours using only 100% organic, Fair Trade, hand-selected Central and South American Arabica beans and purified Texas Hill Country spring water."





Well done, gentlemen.  They are absolutely hitting the nail on the head.  I am going to sing their praises to anyone who will listen.  My hubby can be sort of a coffee snob and I have no doubt that he will have his mind blown this morning - I texted him the recipe when I got to work.  Just took another swig...SO GOOD!  I am currently enjoying my mug at the front desk, no telling what clients will hear my amazing review! 

Oh, and don't forget to check out their recipes and website

No comments:

Post a Comment