Image Map

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

App Alert - Offer Up

I came across a sponsored ad on my Facebook a week ago Sunday.  You know, those annoying ones that are in your news feed for no good reason.  I actually scroll through them sometimes, because you never know what you'll find. 
 
For some reason, I downloaded this app called OfferUp.  Just to check it out.  We have a few things in our house that we've been wanting to get rid of, such as extra furniture.  So I decided to put a few things for sale.  In a week and two days, I've made over $200 by selling things that we no longer need!
 
It has been a quick and easy experience and all good so far.  You simply post one picture, a small description, your price, and general location.  From there, your item is "offered up" to the homepage that is shown below.  You can select categories to search or just scroll endlessly until something catches your eye.
 
 
When you find something you like, you message the person in the app and offer them a price.  From there, you make plans where/when to meet and exchange.  It is so nice not having to give out your phone number or deal with the giant mess of Craigslist.  For me, it has been a lot easier and much more successful.
 
I haven't bought anything from the app and likely won't, but if you are looking for something in particular, or something for a good deal, it's definitely worth checking out!  I have been really lucky that my things have been catching people's eyes.  Now, our house is starting to look a bit bare in some places!  Mike even had to pull an old table to use as a bedside table.  Oops!
 

 
Check out this app and let me know what you think!  PS- I was not in any way compensated for this review, I have just had good luck and wanted to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment