Image Map

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Half-Braided Side Pony

Although over the past few years I have gotten much better at wearing my hair down, if it's hot or messy, into a ponytail it goes.  This usually happens: halfway through a work day, most weekends, and when any type of physical activity is required.  My hair is pretty long these days, so I've been experimenting with not-so-ugly ways to put it up and back. 

One of my current favorites is a half braid side pony.  Since my hair is thin, a braid can sometimes look a little weasely on me.  My solution?  HALF BRAID!  I don't know if that's a real thing or if I'm a genuis and made it up...but I think you should try it! 

I originally started doing it with my curly hair.  Depending on how my curls are that day, it can look really cute, or a bit crazy.  The poof at the end can get a bit wild.  Recently, I also started doing it when my hair is straight.  It gives it that effortless look and is pretty cute!

This is a not great/end of day/no bobby pins picture.

Simply pull hair to one side, braid half way, and secure your elastic about half way down your pony tail.  Then use bobby pins to keep the top half of your hair in place.  I usually have to use one  near the opposite ear as the braid and one near the back of my head to keep my shorter hair in place.  You can see in the picture above that not having bobby pins led to a little mess! 


Try it out and let me know what you think!!  Easy, casual, and fun!

1 comment:

  1. I have a secret goal of growing my hair long enough to do stuff like this again!

    ReplyDelete