Image Map

Friday, April 4, 2014

My Amazing Husband {A Positive Outlook on Marriage}

In the middle of March, my husband and I checked off six years on our calendar...of dating each other.  In the scope of things, it doesn't mean much, but to me, it's worth noting that we have been together for six years and are still massively in love with each other.  In honor of that, I thought I would do a little love-splurge blog so I can remember how fantastic my husband is when I read this thirty years from now!

The first time I was introduced to my now-husband, I thought he looked a bit nerdy and was not interested in the slightest.  When I saw him again two days later, it was love at second sight.  I was 18 and thinking "I hope he sits by me!".  And he did.  And that's where it all began.

For months, I took my friends along to hang out with him.  We went to parties, hangover breakfasts, and hung out a lot, but never alone.  After a few months, I didn't know what to do (I was already in a two year long serious relationship), my two best friends at the time pulled the tough love card.  It was obvious to them what the right decision was, and after a few agonizing days, I made the decision to end my relationship and start to pursue a different type of relationship with my now husband. 

The short story is:  we started dating, got married a little more than 4 years later, and will celebrate two years of being Mr. & Mrs. this June. 

And it's AMAZING.  My husband truly treats me like a princess.  He will rub my feet any time I need it.  He gives me strong hugs when I need them.  He wipes the toilet seat.  He does the COOKING (I know, I'm super lucky!).  He tells me when I look like a grandma.  He lets me go out with my girlfriends.  He listens to me complain.  He is extremely patient with my sometimes horrible and negative attitude.  He is a techy man guru and can fix anything from a Lola-chewed cord to a squeeky wheel.  My friends love him (and one is waiting on cloning him).  He has a fantastic fashion eye and I love shopping with him.  He loves my curly crazy hair.  He researches the heck out of something before we buy it, and it's always worth it.  He will watch girly movies when necessary.  He loves to try new things and take me out of my comfort zone.  Did I mention he's a great chef?!  He always laughs, despite the fact that I am uber-non-hilarious.  He pushes me to be a better person.  He is not a "gamer".  He co-hosts parties when he would rather be in bed.  He helps fold the laundry.  He's a good driver.  He encourages me.  He is successful and passionate about his work.  He never gets tired of me.

I feel very lucky to have found my man at the age of 18.  I really can't imagine the things I would have done in the past six years without him.  Likely, they would not have been great things and I definitely would not be the person I am today.  I give a lot to our relationship and I love the fact that we can spend a whole weekend together and never get tired of each other.  We can spend a Sunday in bed watching television and eating waffles and enjoy every minute together.  In fact, we generally spend a lot of time together and I still love it!

I am 100% still falling for this guy.  My husband.  I am incredibly satisfied with what my life has become as Mrs. Olson and truly would not trade it for anything!

Make sure you are marrying the man of your dreams.  The man that will always comfort and encourage you.  The man that will do the laundry when you're sick.  The man that will make the kids breakfast so you can sleep in.  The man that will take you to Italy for your birthday.  You get the jist...do not settle for someone less than your dream guy.  He is out there, I promise.   

No comments:

Post a Comment