Image Map

Friday, March 14, 2014

Quick & Easy 5 Second Breakfast!

We usually make breakfast Saturday mornings before we either head out on an adventure or head to the couch to watch movies.  Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, oatmeal...not all at once, of course, but those are some of our go-to's. 

Last Saturday, while making oatmeal, I noticed an overnight oatmeal recipe with three ingredients on the oatmeal label.  I love oatmeal, so I opted for this side project while my water was boiling... 

Ready for this awesome??

1/2 cup oats (I used old fashioned)
1/2 cup milk (any kind, I used whole)
5.9 ounce greek yogurt cup

THAT IS ALL!! 

Put it all in a container, stir well, and let sit overnight in the fridge.  ENJOY~!  (The best part?  This makes 2 servings!)

Obviously there are millions of variations and add-ins here depending upon your diet, allergies, etc.

I used whole milk, but you can certainly use almond milk, soy, kefir, whatever you like. 

I used greek yogurt.  The first time I used a fruit-on-the-bottom strawberry kind, and it was delish.  You could certainly use a light, plain, vanilla, etc. but make sure it has a thicker consistency. 

You could add peanut butter, bananas, protein powder, chia/hemp seeds, nuts, dried fruit, the list goes onnnnnn.

THEN I thought of the fantastic idea to use my coconut Chobani (greek).  I am currently obsessed with coconut for some reason, and this was a wonderful excuse to have some.  And I came up with this tasty treat that TASTES LIKE A DAMN COOKIE!!

1/2 CUP OATS
1/2 CUP WHOLE MILK
1 CONTAINER COCONUT GREEK YOGURT
Palm-full of shredded coconut (approx 2-3Tbsp)
CHOCOLATE CHIPS!


Ya dang right I did!!  I have the Ghirardelli semisweet and they worked fantastic.  Go make this NOW and don't feel guilty.     

This literally takes less than a minute to put together and pop into the refrigerator.  And you have a full breakfast ready for the next morning!  This is the definition of grab'n'go. 

Homemade, easy, fresh, delicious.  Enjoy your 5 Second Breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment