Image Map

Sunday, June 9, 2013

1 Year, 1 Week, 1 Day

1 Year, 1 Week, 1 Day...

That's how long I've been Mrs. Olson.

We celebrated one year of marriage on June 2nd, the one sunny day we've had around these parts in WEEKS.  We know how to pick 'em!  We got to spend Saturday evening (June 1st) having dinner with my MOH and her boyfriend, followed by a fire and some s'mores at her place.  She now lives with one of my other bridesmaids, so I got to see her as well, which was a fun way to reminisce and celebrate.



On our anniversary, we headed to St. Paul for Grand Old Day 2013.  We wanted to see Night Moves perform (they were the opener for the Django Django concert we went to), get some "fair food", walk, enjoy the sunshine, and spend time together out and about.  The weather was great, and I'm sure we walked close to five miles.

Delicious indulgences of the day:
CHOCOLATE mini donuts with powdered sugar and glaze
Sea salt caramels and pecan turtles from Just Truflles
Chicken-Avocado Arepa
We love lemonade.
Happy 1 year!
We of course watched Night Moves perform, and checked out some booths, but mostly just walked and talked.  And me, Mrs. Shop Anywhere, snagged a super colorful scarf, a 5$ tee, and a cloth headband.  We each got a slight sunburn, but enjoyed the day and time in the sun!


That evening, we went for a reservation at The Melting Pot, where Mike had roses on the table for me :)  We noshed on delish cheese, 6 different kinds of meat including duck and filet mignon, and finished with their desert course (we chose the marshmallow oreo one).  We went home happy and very full.



When we arrived home, I had to wait in the car for a few minutes.  Mike then essentially re-enacted our engagement story and successfully made me cry while "re-proposing" with another wedding band to match the one I have.  He's not a super emotional guy, but if you know/remember our proposal, this was very sweet and meant a lot to me for him to be so clever!


After one year of many amazing memories, I can definitely say I am ready for more.  I am so lucky that Mike has chosen me to be his princess.  We live, we learn, and there is no one else I'd rather have by my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment