Image Map

Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Sweetheart

It's only been a month...hah!  I will catch you up :)

Valentine's Day.

It's never really been a big thing for us.  We've never gone out to dinner on the day of, or done anything super special.  By choice.  It's just not that big of a deal for us.  But we usually do a little something for each other.

This year I went super weirdo original and bought Mike a star.  Yes, a real star.  In the sky.  Officially.  Through the International Star Registry.  I'm cool, I know :)  There was a Groupon for it, and I thought it would be a fun thing to remember because we'll have it forever!  They sent an extravagant certificate and a map of the sky so you can find your star.  Next time we are at my parent's house we will definitely be star searching.  Ours is near the Lynx constellation which is close to Ursa Major (The Big Dipper).

Mike was original this year, too.   I am very hard to surprise.  Because I'm a control freak organized psycho.  Okay...I'm not that bad.  But generally, I'm the planner in this relationship so to try to plan something without me is difficult.  He managed.  Because he is the best man ever.

He came home with gourmet everything from Lund's so we could do fondue at our house!  We got a fondue set from our Best Man Josh and his lady Kindra for the wedding.  And we finally got to use it!  He wouldn't let me help prepare anything, and it was all delicious!  (We also had steak, not pictured)





I also gave him a hint/request for a book I wanted.  It is the Pulitzer Prize winning photographs since 1942.  I wanted it after seeing the exhibit at the Newseum in Washington, D.C. (that's in my next post).  Some of the pictures bring you to tears.  It is really moving.  He ordered it on Amazon and it came a few days later :)



Valentine's Day was fantastic.  We did our own thing and it was fabulous.  It was our first official OLSON V-Day and I can still say that I'm so happy being here.  Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment