Image Map

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Easy Pear Crisp - New Fall Treats

I'm about to blow your mind and burst the "pumpkin-everything" bubble right about now.  Is anyone else sick of pumpkin?  I love me some pumpkin desserts, but aren't we ready for something new? 

Fall does not equal pumpkin everything.  Have you considered...PEARS?!  Like, pears with deliciousness filled in, and then baked?  Thus, making a new fall treat that takes only minutes to prepare and a few more to finalize.

You're on board, right?

Here we go!

I found this guest post on the Whipperberry blog I came across one day.  Mike had randomly bought two pears shortly before this, so I decided to surprise him with a gourmet dessert at home one night.


EASY FALL PEAR CRISP

2 ripe pears
3 tbsp. oats
3 tbsp. honey - I used half honey/half agave
3 tbsp. cold unsalted butter
¼ tsp cinnamon - If you know me, you know I always add extra!

Instructions

1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Cut pears in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the core.
3. Place foil in small baking dish and brush with butter/oil. Place the pears cut side down in the dish and bake for 15 minutes to soften.
4. While the pears are baking, combine oatmeal, honey, butter, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
5. Remove warm pears from oven and turn over.  Divide the mix into the four hollows of the pears.
6. Place the pears back in the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until the crumble is browned and the pear cuts easily with a fork.
7. Top with your choice of whipping cream, vanilla ice cream or Greek yogurt.  We opted for a bit of almond milk to add some juiciness to our treat. 

This little treat is so quick and easy!  And my personal favorite...it doesn't make a lot of dirty dishes.  We each had a whole pear for dessert and it wasn't horribly sweet or too filling.  One nice thing is that you can easily scale up this dessert for many people, and it still won't take long or create a big mess.  You can also add a few things to your mix like nuts, berries, chia or flax seeds, etc. 

I hope you enjoy this new fall treat!  Move over pumpkin... Pear treats, coming through!

No comments:

Post a Comment