Image Map

Friday, July 24, 2015

Podcast Recommendations *and* What I'm Listening To

My husband is a master of podcast listening.  And I've always wanted my own little jam to listen to as well.  I wrote a while back about how awesome Radiolab is.  But as I said, I've listened so much, I'm years back.  And I wanted something a little bit lighter.  More girl focused.  Since I'm so feminine...not.  
But GOOD NEWS!
I have found two podcasts recently that I LOVE.  They are female focused, light, funny, and easy to listen to at any time.  I've been listening to them on my new 5 minute commute and also while at work.  One of them I found randomly in the podcast app, and one is a blogger I've been following who recently started her own podcast.  
So here they are, ladies!!
Call Your Girlfriend - "A podcast for long distance besties everywhere".  I don't even know how I came across this, but it's great.  Now that one of my best friends is down in Texas, this light-hearted podcast makes me feel great.  They talk about current events, lady problems, friends, trends, and anything else that pops up in conversation.  Just like if you're chatting with your girl. A recent description for an episode was "We discuss diversity and National Parks, Ariana Grande licking donuts, the best of summer (drinks/bodies/dresses/swimsuits/songs), a sponge update, sexual peer pressure, the power of women athletes, and the joys of Magic Mike XXL."   Great, right?  They usually have a loose agenda and will talk about anything else that comes up.  I love the casual feel and that it's not so scientific that I have to follow along.  It's just two girls chatting.  
Two Twenty One Talk - This podcast is by Chelsea, the blogger behind Two Twenty One in Indiana.  I've been reading her blog for a little over a year, and she recently started her podcast.  It is so funny to hear people's voices after you've seen so many pictures of them, hehe!  She interviews bloggers that she has relationships with about their lives, blogs, trends, mommy advice, and tons more.  You can listen to her podcast online, and she can also be found on your lovely smartphone.  I will put on an episode while I'm out for a walk or just hanging out.  Again, just two girls chatting.
I also usually have 89.3 The Current streaming.  This is the awesome member supported public radio station out of Minneapolis, Minnesota.  They are by far the best radio station I've ever listened to. Not only do I love the DJ's, but the music, events, and stories are fantastic.  You can download the app, stream online, or listen at 89.3 FM if you're local.  
Lastly, I have two audio books on the docket that I got for FREE on Audible.  I got The Girl on the Train and What Alice Forgot.  I'm only a bit in to the first one and have not started the second.  I do like audio books, but you really have to settle in and concentrate, so sometimes it's hard for me to commit!
What have you been listening to lately?  I am always up for recommendations in any of the categories I mentioned.  You have to have some way to pass the time.  Share, share!!
post signature

3 comments:

  1. I am always looking for new fun and women focused podcasts. I am going to look at subscribing to your suggestions today because they sound great. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them Taralee! I agree, it is hard to find podcasts for women. These are fun and light! What are you listening to these days? Also - on my Facebook page, a friend recommended a few more if you'd like to check them out! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Of course! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete